Dubai tourists now allowed to buy alcohol from stores
To get the license, applicants have to present their passport in original, complete a form, sign a declaration on their own responsibility that they are not residents of the UAE, and confirm that they agree to the regulations governing the purchase, transport and consumption of alcohol in Dubai. The stores will keep a copy of the passport and entry visa, and the visitor will receive a leaflet with responsible consumption instructions in Dubai.
The Code of Conduct for Tourists include a list of five instructions:
- Tourists under the age of 21 cannot buy or drink beverages
- Consuming alcohol in public places
- Walking on the street with the bottle on sight is forbidden
- Driving under the influence is also forbidden
- And it is still illegal to be seen dizzy in public places.